PrismTech was the first (non founding) industry member of the Industrial Internet Consortium and will play an active role in its forthcoming meeting in La Jolla, CA, USA.
The Industrial Internet Consortium was founded in 2014 to further development, adoption and wide-spread use of interconnected machines, intelligent analytics and people at work. Through an independently-run consortium of technology innovators, industrial companies, academia and government, the goal of the IIC is to accelerate the development and availability of intelligent industrial automation for the public good.
This goal of the consortium is to:
- Utilize existing and create new industry use cases and test beds for real-world applications.
- Deliver best practices, reference architectures, case studies, and standards requirements to ease deployment of connected technologies.
- Influence the global development standards process for internet and industrial systems.
- Facilitate open forums to share and exchange real-world ideas, practices, lessons, and insights.
- Build confidence around new and innovative approaches to security.
The IIC meetings are two-day working and networking events. Each event is unique but will include:
- General members meeting.
- Small working groups sessions focused on specific topics.
- Networking opportunities.
- Social event.
- New member orientation.
- Steering Committee Meeting (closed door).
- Additional half-day event on the Industrial Internet, open to the public.
Further information about the meeting is available from the Industrial Internet Consortium website at: www.iiconsortium.org